We ask that Guests accept and respect the following house rules:
Please note that the space is ideal for one or two families. Golden Hour Cabin is not a party house, and maximum occupancy is enforced.
- No pets or animals of any kind are permitted due to the owner's personal use of space due to medical conditions. For the comfort of all guests, please choose another property if pets are imperative for your stay.
- No smoking of any kind inside the cabin. This includes vaping.
- No fireworks
- No parties or events
- No cutting down or damaging trees
- No discharge of any weapon including pellet guns
- Do not place anything inside the fireplaces. This includes wood, magical color packets and marshmallows or any other food
- A signed rental agreement, hot tub liability waiver and a state issued photo ID is required to confirm the reservation. If this is not received within 48 hours your reservation may be cancelled.
Other things to note:
- Golden Hour Cabin is located in a rural setting and is surrounded by trees. It is possible, but not likely, to see wild animals such as snakes, lizards, rodents, raccoons, foxes, opossums, birds, cranes, bats, cats, deer, and other wild animals. These animals are free roaming, and we do not have control over their actions. Never approach wild animals.
- You may also encounter bugs. Bugs are present year-round but specifically in the Spring and Summer months. We have a contract with a pest control company that regularly services the property. Still, Golden Hour Cabin is in the middle of a forest, and there will be bugs. These bugs are typically seen outside; however, they may welcome themselves inside if the doors are left open.
- Like rural areas nationwide, you will experience unpaved roads in and around Broken Bow and Hochatown. A small portion of the road leading to Golden Hour is unpaved. It does not require AWD or 4WD to access under normal conditions, including average rain. Broken Bow is growing, and there is construction in all neighborhoods.
- We notify all guests the day before check-in if a burn ban is active. Burn bans are beyond our control and can be issued or canceled anytime. Because of this, we cannot update guests daily on the situation between booking and check-in. To check for active burn bans, visit the Oklahoma Forestry Services website and look for McCurtain County on the map (Southeastern most county in Oklahoma).
** Violation of any of the above may result in eviction without a refund.
** Property is monitored by 2 exterior cameras. These cameras are for the safety of our guests and the security of our cabin when empty. Notifications are silenced after guests arrive and are only viewed if a complaint is received. There is no view of the hot tub and there are no interior cameras.